You want a custom home, but you don’t know where to start. We will teach you! Here is our proven process which we use to build your dream home.
We start the discussion by learning about you, what your goals are, and how you envision your dream home.
STEP ONE: Getting to Know You
Here we find out your vision, do some preliminary research, establish a soft budget, and provide you with some initial designs so you can make an informed choice.
1. What are your requirements?
- We start the discussions and learn about what you want and need in your dream home.
- We establish a preliminary budget.
2. The pre-design phase.
- Have you picked out a location? Do you need help with a location? Where is it and what makes it unique?
- We research all the local governmental regulations associated with that land.
- Through our conversations, we learn about you and establish your architectural style.
3. Create a preliminary design.
- We create conceptual home designs for your review.
- We study cost-effective design solutions that will work for your budget and lifestyle.
4. Establish a construction budget.
- We refine preliminary specifications.
- We review value engineering.
- We establish a line item budget for your approval.
5. Receive financing approval.
- You complete the loan application and are approved.
- We get project approval from you.
- You receive a Project Estimate from us.
STEP TWO: Designing Your Home
You will work with our Design Team to shop for products, finishes and accessories. We will use our experience and expertise to find the best value in every category. We work with you to choose items you want in your home and conform to your budget.
6. What are your requirements?
- What is your architectural style for both the interior and exterior of your home?
- What custom materials will you select for your home?
7. Select the custom finishes for your home.
- Work with our Interior Designer to shop for products, finishes and accessories.
- We find budget discounts as much as possible.
8. Complete the plans to your new home.
- Complete the project engineering.
- Meet with a landscape architect.
9. We bid the work on your home.
- Together, we finalize all building specifications.
- We analyze the bids.
- We finalize the budget.
1o. We obtain all your permits.
- We obtain all local and city approvals prior to the start of construction.
STEP THREE: Construction and Completion of Your Home
We build your custom home with quality workmanship, attention to detail, and to the exact specification delineated.
- We will make sure all insurance requirements are in place.
- We submit purchase orders and lock in subcontractors.
12. Supervised construction of your home.
- Our Superintendents work on-site to ensure the quality of the construction and to keep the project on time and on budget.
- The Superintendents schedule and obtain the required inspections.
- We work with our artisans in regular design/build team meetings
13. Your participation in the construction process.
- We schedule meetings with you at your new home so that you can see the progress of your home being built.
- We work with you to finalize all of your finishes.
14. Time to move in!
- We give you a detailed Homeowner Orientation to point out all the features of your new home.
- You receive the keys to your new home.
- We work with you on basic home maintenance adjustments as needed.
Ready to get started?